I’ve been so bad about posting lists! In my defense I have not had a real good week, including several untimely computer near-disasters. I love computers!!! Actually I’m pretty sure the best reason to go into HCI is because computers drive you crazy.
I’m back to having a usable computer, and I didn’t lose any data, but it’s all on an external drive while I use a hard drive image that is almost a year old. I’m hoping to get back to a more permanent situation this weekend. Anyway, here are some things I’ve made since the last time I posted:
- EMERGENCY COMPUTER SURGERY (a 3-hour comedy of errors!)
- The beginnings of a mix CD for a friend, interrupted by computer emergencies
- Updates to my portfolio
- Cover letters for some job applications
- Yet more cranberry sauce
- Pasta and meat sauce
- A pretty label for my new sketchbook (I like to keep them organized by semester)
- That HRI reading response and a review of human-robot interactions in a movie
- Sketches and an, um, extremely low-fidelity prototype during today's HCI CONNECT professional networking event
- Sketchnotes of companies' presentations at said professional networking event
None of the companies at HCI Connect are in Seattle, so I wasn’t really looking to be hired by any of them, but it was still a valuable experience for me. I get some practice with this whole scary “networking” thing, and also an opportunity to learn more about how different companies view design, and designers, and what kind of skills they want to see in the people they hire.
Now I think it may be time to make some rice pudding.